Reel in time

Flim

Finnish
Hey,

is it correct to say "reel in time". I´m using it in song lyrics. Can i say for example "gonna make you feel so high, now we reel in time". Does it make any sense? What i mean to say is that we are just reeling in time that we feel like time has stopped and we are just reeling and feeling high. :)

• Uncle Jack

British English
    Do you mean "reel" meaning sway or dance + "in time" (together), or "reel in" (like a fishing line) + "time"?

Will your audience know which one you mean?

sdgraham

USA English
    1. Are you picking up on (copying?):
    "Reelin' In the Years"

"Reelin' In the Years" (sometimes "Reeling In the Years") is a song by jazz rock band Steely Dan, released as the second single from their 1972 album, Can't Buy a Thrill. It reached number 11 in the Billboard charts.[1]
    2. Please remember than the personal pronoun, 'I' is always capitalized.

Flim

Finnish
    Do you mean "reel" meaning sway or dance + "in time" (together), or "reel in" (like a fishing line) + "time"?

Will your audience know which one you mean?
    Yes that´s what i mean, "reel" + "in time". I don´t know if it makes any sense, that´s why i´m asking. I know you can take some freedom in song lyrics but i don´t want it to be wrong. I don´t want people to think"what is he saying, i don´t know what that means".

And no i´m not copying Steely Dan :)

< Previous | Next >