Reflection of inhaled anaesthetic

Richivalen

Spanish
Hola a todos, estoy traduciendo un manual de un dispositivo médico para analizar los gases de la anestesia suministrada a los pacientes.

Me encuentro con la frase siguiente:

- [...] the inspiratory side placement only utilises the evaporator function of the XXXXXXX and there is no reflection of inhaled anaesthetic.

Mi intento

- la colocación lateral inspiratoria solo utiliza la función de evaporador del XXXXXXXX y no existe reflejo/retorno del anestésico inhalado.

Estoy intentando documentarme, pero por ahora sin mucho éxito.

Gracias por adelantado.

• EricEnfermero

US - English
    "Reflection" seems to describe a situation where the patient exhales and the exhaled anesthetic gas is trapped in a carbon membrane. This exhaled anesthetic is then given back to the patient on the next inspiration/inhaled breath.

On p. 422 of the following article, the authors discuss the AnaConDa device (an anesthesia system that uses reflection) and the article uses the term recirculación to describe this situation.

(PDF) [Anesthetic conserving device (AnaConDa) used after cardiac surgery: experience in a postoperative recovery unit]

However, I'm not an anesthesia provider or a native Spanish speaker, so hopefully we get more opinions.

Richivalen

Spanish
    Hi Eric, really thank you for your help. Yes, later on the text they keep talking about "reflector" and "recirculation", so I guess you are quite right. Thank you again for your time.