Regard as

< Previous | Next >

valdemar

Español mexicano
I just looked this word up in the dictionary and the verb 'regard' is a transitive one, accordingly. So in this contex I don't understand who it does apply or what it is refering to. Could you help me please:

"... When we are studying logic, the logic we are studyin will pertein to one language, which we call the object language, because this language is an object of our study. Our study of this language and its logic, including our use of logic in carrying out the study, we regard as taking place in another language, wich we call the observer's language.

Kleene, S.C., Mathematical Logic, USA, 1966.

Thank you very much

• Myridon

English - US
    There is an inversion.
    We regard our study of this language and its logic, including our use of logic in carrying out the study, as taking place in another language which we call the observer's language.

valdemar

Español mexicano
    Thank you Myridon. So, just to secure that I've been understand it completly, is it correct if I say "my life I regard as being complicated when it comes to studying logic" meaning "I regard my life as being complicated when it comes to studying logic"?.

< Previous | Next >