registro (de agua)

Barbara S.

This is about hydrolics: a "registro" at least in Mexico, is a small well where bathroom or kitchen waste water empties out and then goes down another pipe on its journey to the sewer. What is this well called in English? In Google images I saw a Roman "registro" which was referred to as a "pozo".

• train99

Spanish-Venezuela
    I agree too with BeliBlues on the term "Manhole".
    Manhole: A hole, usually with a cover, through which a person may enter a sewer, boiler, drain, or similar structure.
    Saludos.

Isabel Sewell

Banned
    Spanish
    Algo a considerar
    "Hydraulic manhole lift" es un aparato en ruedas para levantar la puerta de un registro (manhole, point-of-access). Un manhole se utiliza para llevar a cabo una inspección. Existen electric manholes, plumbing/water supply manholes, sewage drainage manholes (human waste) , stormwater drainage manholes...
    Espero ayude

Gavril

English, USA
    "manhole" only sounds right to me if the opening is big enough for a person's entire body to fit through.

Something smaller than that, which is merely big enough to look through (not to actually go through), would be called something else -- I'm not sure what, but not "manhole".

Benzene

Italian from Italy
    "manhole" only sounds right to me if the opening is big enough for a person's entire body to fit through.

Something smaller than that, which is merely big enough to look through (not to actually go through), would be called something else -- I'm not sure what, but not "manhole".
    Hi Gavril!

I personally would call a small manhole unsuitable for the man access through it with the terms "small access hatch or wellway (Canadian term)".

Bye,
    Benzene

< Previous | Next >