registro de exequatur

Someone asked this same question previously in the forum, but I'm still not clear about the meaning. In a Honduran notarial "Certificado de Autenticidad" it states that the signer is "afiliado con el Colegio de Abogado con el número XXXXX y con registro de exequatur de la Corte Suprema con el número XXXX." While I understand that this is some form of registration required to be able to practice as a notary (I gathered this from googling Honduran legal web-sires), I'm still not sure how to translate it. Can anyone help please?

• ---

English - American
    It could mean the notary is not a native of Honduras, but has been authorized to practice in Honduras.
    By the way, exequatur doesn't exist, the word is exequátur.

Last edited by a moderator:

mbq

Spanish - Chile
    It could mean the notary is not a native of Honduras, but has been authorized to practice in Honduras.
    By the way, exequatur doesn't exist, the word is exequátur.
    I know it's a bit late, but I was also looking for this term, and found that exequátur (with diacritic accent) does not appear in the RAE Dictionary (not today, at least), but exequatur (in italics, without diacritic accent) does:
    exequatur
    Del lat. exequātur 'ejecútese', 3.ª pers. de sing. del pres. de subj. de exsĕqui 'ejecutar, cumplir'.

1. m. Autorización que otorga el jefe de un Estado a los agentes extranjeros para que en su territorio puedan ejercer las funciones propias de sus cargos.

2. m. Voz con que se designaba el pase que daba la autoridad civil de un Estado a las bulas y rescriptos pontificios para su observancia.

3. m. Der. Reconocimiento en un país de las sentencias dictadas por tribunales de otro Estado.

I'm guessing that the term exequátur does appear on other Spanish dictionaries, or at least did, back in 2014, when the previous answer was posted.
    Just wanted to point out that we shouldn't state that a term "doesn't exist" (referring to the term as mentioned by the original poster), when it actually does ;)
    Peace.

Last edited: