related to the job's field (that) you advertised

Mitchell23

Italian-Italy
Hi!
I was writing my cover letter but now I have a doubt...do I need to put "that" in the following sentence or no?
..."I had an experience related to the job's field (that) you advertised"...
Moreover does this sentence ..."I would like to have career to expand my skills and experience in an evolving and dynamic market such as Poland"...seems right for you or have you got any suggestions on how to make it better?
Thanks a lot!

• pob14

American English
    It sounds like it was the field that was advertised. With or without "that," the sentence is awkward. "I have experience related to the job that you advertised" is closer.

We can't proofread, so you should post any specific questions about the second sentence in another thread. "Start career" doesn't make any more sense to me than the original, though.

knavishjoe

Polish - Poland
    It sounds like it was the field that was advertised. With or without "that," the sentence is awkward. "I have experience related to the job that you advertised" is closer.

We can't proofread, so you should post any specific questions about the second sentence in another thread. "Start career" doesn't make any more sense to me than the original, though.
    Just my humble opinion :)

Mitchell23

Italian-Italy
    Thanks guys!
    The job advertised (estate agent) is not the same as what I have done (property manager), but it's in the same field (commerical/business buildings, apartments, rental houses and/or condos).So I can keep it as it is or do I need to change it?

pob14

American English
    Thanks guys!
    The job advertised (estate agent) is not the same as what I have done (property manager), but it's in the same field (commerical/business buildings, apartments, rental houses and/or condos).So I can keep it as it is or do I need to change it?
    That's why I left it as "related to" the job. If you had actually done the job, it would be experience "as" an estate agent.

Mitchell23

Italian-Italy
    Oh yea, now I see it.Thank you very much!
    As for the second sentence, what do you think about "I would like to start a career in your organization to expand my skills and experience in an evolving and dynamic market such as Poland".
    Does it sound good?
    Thanks again!

< Previous | Next >