Remolque/ caja de un camión/ trailer

Discussion in 'Spanish-English Vocabulary / Vocabulario Español-Inglés' started by patomp, Apr 11, 2007.

  1. patomp

    patomp Senior Member

    Hi all,
    I would like to find the word for the back of a freight trailer. In Spanish it is callled caja ( where the truck carries the goods to be transported, e.g. wood, sand, etc.)
    Thank you very much
  2. fenixpollo

    fenixpollo moderator

    American English
    A truck that carries frieght is, as far as I know, divided into two parts: the truck (the vehicle with the motor and the driver) and the trailer (the box with the cargo).
  3. Grekh

    Grekh Senior Member

    León, México
    Spanish, Mexico
    what about the "box trailer"?

    I googled some images and most of them are like very small "box trailers"...and I would like to know the term for this one : , is it the same name for these?
  4. fenixpollo

    fenixpollo moderator

    American English
    You want to know the term in Spanish?

    The only difference I can see between this trailer in the photo and a traditional trailer is the height -- the one in the picture looks shorter that the trailers that are common in the U.S.

Share This Page