remove the cake from the packaging

Riveritos

Spanish
Hello,
Could you please tell me if this is a correct translation?
Remove the cake from the packaging and enjoy
Vyjměte dort z obalu a užívejte si

Thanks in advance for your help.

• winpoj

It's grammatically correct but sounds odd.

I'd say:

Vyjměte dort z obalu. Přejeme dobrou chuť!

Plus: Are you sure it's "dort" and not "koláč"?

And is it really necessary to instruct the consumer to remove it from the packaging? Is there a danger that s/he will eat it packaged?

Riveritos

Spanish
    Thanks winpoj for your help.
    Actually I'm not sure if it is correct to call it dort, it's a tiramisu.
    I have goggled it and have found it named dort as well as koláč.
    You're right, it wouldn't be necessary to instruct the people to eat the cake after extracting it from the packaging, but some producers prefer to explain it.

werrr

And is it really necessary to instruct the consumer to remove it from the packaging? Is there a danger that s/he will eat it packaged?
    I don’t think it is a technical instruction. This seems be rather an advertisement. (Something like Nabuďte své smysly a vychutnejte si skvělou vůni kávy Douwe Egberts.)

Actually I'm not sure if it is correct to call it dort, it's a tiramisu.
    I have goggled it and have found it named dort as well as koláč.
    For me, tiramisu is zákusek or dezert. Use Google images to see what most of the Czechs imagine under the terms dort and koláč. I suppose it is a label on the packaging, if so, the most natural option is not to name the product at all.

And mind the Czech verbs vybalit and rozbalit, the periphrasis vyjmout z obalu sounds very formal.

Also, for enjoying food and drinks we prefer different verbs, e.g. vychutnat si. Uží(va)t si is used rather for enjoying activities or for having good time.

If it is really some advertisement on the packaging, I would prefer something along this line:

Stačí vybalit a vychutnat si.

< Previous | Next >