rentabilidad "precio" y rentabilidad "no precio"

Nightyume

Mexico/Canada and English
So the article mentions "price competition" and "non-price competition" in one part and then goes on to mention "rentabilidad 'precio'" and "rentabilidad 'no-precio'." It, from what I understand (I could be wrong), seems to be the results from the aforementioned competition. Then again it might just be trying to refer to the same thing as the competition in an effort to not be so repetitive...

Anyways,

The full phrase is:

se distingue la visión tradicional de rentabilidad "precio", que busca reducir el costo laboral, de la rentabilidad "no-precio"

I don't know whether "price profits" and "non-price profits" or "price earnings" and "non-price earnings" might be appropriate. Any thoughts? Suggestions? Anyone familiar with what the correct term might be?

Thanks in advance for any help you friendly folks here might provide.

Take care =)

• Joe Esquire

Spanish Spain- English US
    Hi, Nightyume,
    I would venture to say that the distinction being made is particular to the article. Not aware of a traditional (business school) definition of those terms.
    This is my take:
    “profitability based on price” (on a net basis, apparently accounting for labor costs as well).
    ”profitability not based on price” (as being driven by other factors: market fluctuations, such as commodities, taxes, credits, incentives, etc, (labor costs remaining fixed).

Let me know if it works in the context of the totality of the article.

Regards,

je