Replacement to API, get word pronunciations

word-reference-2343

English - London; French - Paris
Hello, I understand that maintaining an API could be burdensome, thanks anyway for the great job you've been doing. I was planning to use the API to get the pronunciation of some words. Would you have any dictionary to recommend? I'm in the initial phase of designing a small SPA tool to help with learning the phonetic speficics for languages, obviously I would prefer to be a good citizen and not to scrap any website :)

• mkellogg

Administrator
    English - US
    Phonetics, like IPA or other written pronunciation? That is diffiucult to find. I would think the wikipedia dictionary might be your best bet. Good luck!

word-reference-2343

English - London; French - Paris
    I'm interested in the API written pronunciation, as well as the sound file. Would you know how to find it?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-02-04 at 16.05.14.png
      Screenshot 2021-02-04 at 16.05.14.png
      37.5 KB · Views: 49

mkellogg

Administrator
    English - US
    I'm interested in the API written pronunciation, as well as the sound file. Would you know how to find it?
    Wikipedia is probably the best free resource, but there are a number of computer pronunciations out there. Text-to-speech is something your phone and computers to a certain extent have built in. You could probably use that for spoken examples.

Good luck!