replenish the sweat

< Previous | Next >

Eric001

Chinese-Beijing
hi
After you lose lots of water after some exercise, you drink water to replenish your body fluids or replenish the sweat.
thanks.

• Eric001

Chinese-Beijing
    I think We should replenish the lost body fluids. And that is why I posted the question. I googled and found a lot of hits in which "replenish the sweat" is used. And another question is " should we say body fluid or body fluids?

Dimcl

Canadian English
    I think We should replenish the lost body fluids. And that is why I posted the question. I googled and found a lot of hits in which "replenish the sweat" is used. And another question is " should we say body fluid or body fluids?
    "replenish the sweat" is incorrect. It is the body fluids that become sweat so we need to replenish the fluids.

AprendoSiempre

American English (NC)
    "replenish the sweat" is incorrect. It is the body fluids that become sweat so we need to replenish the fluids.
    I agree. And it might help to know that commercials, such as for Gatorade, often suggest that you drink their product to replenish the electrolytes and minerals that are lost when you sweat.

< Previous | Next >