Replotted

Dr.Appalayya

India;Telugu
A piece of weeded land of 2 hectares was cleaned up and made into housing plots of 400 square yards each. Each plot was marked with painted stones for identification.The plots were sold in retail to some individuals. But nothing was built on the plotted land by any owner over several years. Later, a gang of landgrabbers ( we call them 'landsharks') destroyed all the signs of plotting, reploughed, replotted and resold to a different set of individuals. The previous plotting was erased. New plots with new numbers have come up now.

I want to describe what the landgrabbers did. ( erasing, reploughing and replotting)

• Victoria32

English (UK) New Zealand
    A piece of weeded land of 2 hectares was cleaned up and made into housing plots of 400 square yards each. Each plot was marked with painted stones for identification.The plots were sold in retail to some individuals. But nothing was built on the plotted land by any owner over several years. Later, a gang of landgrabbers ( we call them 'landsharks') destroyed all the signs of plotting, reploughed, replotted and resold to a different set of individuals. The previous plotting was erased. New plots with new numbers have come up now.

I want to describe what the landgrabbers did. ( erasing, reploughing and replotting)

Theft! No seriously I don't think there are better words than what you have used except in respect of replotting: you should perhaps you should say, " But nothing was built on the plotted marked or divided land by any owner over several years"...

Erased is what they did to the previous markers, and reploughing is correct.. Replotting is the only word that anyone might have trouble with so marking or dividing is best there...

SweetSoulSister

American English
    I would say..

They came in and wiped-out all the existing land divisions. They reploughed and then re-divided the land into different sections which they sold to new owners.

"Wiped-out" is informal, you could also say "eliminated" if you want to be more formal.