Reply to welcome email

tmarques

Portuguese - Brazil
I got an welcome e-mail from the manager of the team that I will be working with soon.
Above is my reply and I want to know if it looks fine or how it could be better.
He mentions on his e-mail about the future of the company, that's why I talk about this as well.

PS: The company is here in Brazil, but the manager is american.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

xxxxxxx,

Thank you for your kind email. I'm really glad to be part of this team.
It is a great opportunity to work for xxxxx and I hope to contribute to this future and success.

I look forward to working with you too.

Best wishes,

Thais Marques

• Cagey

post mod (English Only / Latin)
    English - US
    Hello tmarques.

Is there a particular part of this that worries you? We don't check writing over for errors, but if you have a question about a specific word, phrase, or grammatical construction, we will do our best to help. :)

(See Proofreading/ Text for Correction.)

tmarques

Portuguese - Brazil
    Hi, sorry, now I know the rules here :)

I worry more about this sentence "I hope to contribute to this future and success", if the preposition is correct and if is possible to understand what I mean. Doesn't look weird?
    Thank you.

Hello tmarques.

Is there a particular part of this that worries you? We don't check writing over for errors, but if you have a question about a specific word, phrase, or grammatical construction, we will do our best to help. :)

(See Proofreading/ Text for Correction.)

Florentia52

Modwoman in the attic
    English - United States
    The sentence may be grammatically correct, and the preposition "to" is fine. If in your preceding sentences you have referred to the future and to a specific predicted success, then this sentence could be appropriate and understandable. If not, then "this future" and "this success" sound odd.

In other words, context is important.

< Previous | Next >