Reported speech

Razor

Russian Federation/Russian
I find it difficult to report some of the speakers' words and attitude in the following dialogue. I highlighted some of the phrases for which I at a loss for appropriate stylistic constructions.
INSPECTOR: Do you separate oil products from bilge water discharged overboard?
CAPTAIN: Certainly we do. The bilge water passes through the separator.
INSPECTOR: I’d like to check your entries in the Oil Record Book.
CAPTAIN: O.K. My chief engineer will fetch it in a moment. Here you are, please.
INSPECTOR: Will you discharge your bilge water overboard in the way you usually do?
CAPTAIN: O.K. My chief engineer will do that.
INSPECTOR: The oil content in the discharged bilge water sample is 15 milliliters per liter. It doesn’t exceed the Standard level.
CAPTAIN: Well, you see now. Our separator works all right.
INSPECTOR: O.K. Now let’s settle the problem with the oil slick we’ve spotted.

My way of reporting the dialogue:
The inspector asked the captain if he had oil products separated from bilge water discharged overboard. The captain replied him he in the affirmative and added that the bilge passed through the separator. The inspector requested the captain to show him entries in the Oil Record Book. The captain agreed and told the inspector that his chief engineer would fetch it in a moment. After a while, the captain handed the Book in to the inspector. Then, the inspector asked the captain to discharge the bilge water overboard in the way he usually did. The captain gave a positive reply and assured the inspector that his chief engineer would do the job. After that, the inspector observed that the oil content in the discharged bilge water sample was 15 milliliters per liter, and it did not exceed the Standard Level. The captain reflected and went on to say that the separator worked properly. Finally, the inspector accepted it and said that they should settle the problem with the oil slick they had spotted.

• liliput

U.K. English
    I find it difficult to report some of the speakers' words and attitude in the following dialogue. I highlighted some of the phrases for which I at a loss for appropriate stylistic constructions.
    INSPECTOR: Do you separate oil products from bilge water discharged overboard?
    CAPTAIN: Certainly we do. The bilge water passes through the separator.
    INSPECTOR: I’d like to check your entries in the Oil Record Book.
    CAPTAIN: O.K. My chief engineer will fetch it in a moment. Here you are, please.
    INSPECTOR: Will you discharge your bilge water overboard in the way you usually do?
    CAPTAIN: O.K. My chief engineer will do that.
    INSPECTOR: The oil content in the discharged bilge water sample is 15 milliliters per liter. It doesn’t exceed the Standard level.
    CAPTAIN: Well, you see now. Our separator works all right.
    INSPECTOR: O.K. Now let’s settle the problem with the oil slick we’ve spotted.

My way of reporting the dialogue:
    The inspector asked the captain if he had oil products separated from bilge water discharged overboard. The captain replied him he in the affirmative and added that the bilge passed through the separator. The inspector requested the captain to show him entries in the Oil Record Book. The captain agreed and told the inspector that his chief engineer would fetch it in a moment. After a while, the captain handed the Book in to the inspector. Then, the inspector asked the captain if he would discharge the bilge water overboard in the way he usually did. The captain gave a positive reply and assured the inspector that his chief engineer would do the job. After that, the inspector observed that the oil content in the discharged bilge water sample was 15 milliliters per liter, and it did not exceed the Standard Level. The captain reflected and went on to say that the separator worked properly. Finally, the inspector accepted it and said that they should settle the problem with the oil slick they had spotted.

The inspector asked the captain if they separated oil products from bilge water discharged overboard. The captain replied in the affirmative and added that the bilge water passed through the separator. The inspector told the captain that he wanted to see the entries in the Oil Record Book. The captain agreed and informed the inspector that his chief engineer would fetch it in a moment. After a while, the captain handed the Book to the inspector. Then, the inspector asked the captain to discharge the bilge water overboard in the way he usually did. The captain agreed and told the inspector that his chief engineer would do the job. The inspector observed that the oil content in the discharged bilge water sample was 15 millilitres per litre, and it did not exceed the Standard Level. The captain said that the inspector could see that the separator worked properly. Finally, the inspector accepted it and said that they should settle the problem with the oil slick they had spotted.