(represent/used as a) settlement colony

Is my use of the term "settlement colony" correct in either of these two sentences`?

"In contrary to Tunisia and Marrocco, Algeria was not just a colony, but was regarded as an integral part of France which used it as a settlement colony. "

"
"In contrary to Tunisia and Marrocco, Algeria was not just a colony, but was regarded as an integral part of France for which it represented a settlement colony."

• Dimcl

Canadian English
    Is my use of the term "settlement colony" correct in either of these two sentences`?

"In contrary to Tunisia and Marrocco, Morocco Algeria was not just a colony, but was regarded as an integral part of France which used it as a settlement colony. "

""In contrary to Tunisia and Marrocco, Algeria was not just a colony, but was regarded as an integral part of France for which it represented a settlement colony."
    I'm not familiar with the term "settlement colony" so I'm not sure whether you've used it correctly or not. If you mean that France sent settlers (farmers, shopkeepers, etc.) to Algeria to colonize the country, then you've used it correctly. What is incorrect is "In contrary to..." The sentences should begin in this way:

"In contrast to Tunisia and Morocco..."

GreenWhiteBlue

USA - English
    The meaning of the sentence might be more apparent if you tried, for example: In contrast to Tunisia and Marrocco, Algeria was not just an overseas possesion, but but was regarded as an integral part of France, which sent colonists to it.

< Previous | Next >