rescatar

< Previous | Next >

gyrocaps

United States, English
Hi everyone,

The dictionaries I've used have given me "to rescue" and "to recover" in reference to the verb rescatar, but I still can't seem to make it fit in my translation of this phrase. Here's the phrase:

"Resulta importante mencionar también el hecho de que dentro de los patrones funerarios andinos se rescate el de guardar los cuerpos de los incas dentro del Coricancha estarían ordenados según ciertas jerarquías."

Best I can come up with is "It is important to mention, also, the fact that within Andean funeral patterns/traditions 'one recovers' the fact that to place the bodies of the incas inside the Coricancha they would be ordered according to a certain hierarchy". Is it saying "maintains" or "holds to"? Something is missing there, but I can't figure out what.

Thanks in advance!

• aurilla

Am Eng/PR Spanish
    I would use "retains", because it refers to a funeral ritual.

"Resulta importante mencionar también el hecho de que dentro de los patrones funerarios andinos se rescate el de guardar los cuerpos de los incas dentro del Coricancha estarían ordenados según ciertas jerarquías."

"It's important to also mention the fact that in the Andian funeral patterns they retain the practice of maintaining the bodies of the Incas in the Coricancha organized according to certain hierarchies."
    ."

< Previous | Next >