responder hablando/ oralmente

emenglish

spanish - spain, andalucía
Buenas tardes,
me gustaría expresar la siguiente idea en inglés pero no sé muy bien cómo. Contexto: Estoy explicando la estructura y la evaluación de un examen y quiero decir que hay que responder oralmente, es decir hablando, sin soporte escrito. Estaría bien decir answer speaking or answer orally? o es demasiado literal?
Un saludo.

• jasminasul

Spanish Andalusia
    Give your answer orally es una posibilidad, pero es mejor que pongas la oración exactamente de principio a fin.
    Por ejemplo: Debéis responder oralmente.
    Así es más fácil ayudarte.

gengo

American English
    I agree with jasminasul; the best translation will depend on the context. Who has to respond? The person taking the test? If that is the case, I might say that it is an oral exam.

Wikipedia:
    The oral exam is a practice in many schools and disciplines in which an examiner poses questions to the student in spoken form. The student has to answer the question in such a way as to demonstrate sufficient knowledge of the subject to pass the exam.

emenglish

spanish - spain, andalucía
    Thanks for answering.
    Actually, it is a listening exam. The candidates must listen to a recording and answer orally. I mean, they do not have to write the answers on a paper, they must answer directly to the examiner. So, I want to emphasize that they do not have to use pencil and paper.
    I might say that it is an oral exam.
    If I use oral exam, it could be confused with a speaking test.
    The sentence would be: the candidates must answer orally, speaking (?).
    Thank you.

< Previous | Next >