responsable de c'[?] du lycée

Malcius

English - England
Hi. A school report is signed by the chef d'établissement and by the "responsable de [something beginning with 'c' or possibly 'e'] du lycée.
1618476969735.png

Would this be "responsable de classe du lycée", "responsable de cours..." or something else?

• Malcius

English - England
    French. Paris-based. The student was in Première ES. It dates from the deuxième Trimestre of 2018-2019.
    Would you like any other context?

There is also a comment from the conseil de classe just above the signatures. Could this be "Responsable de conseil de classe du Lycée"? I would have thought that should be "Responsable du..."

mehoul

french (du Midi de la France)
    Les conseils de classe sont présidés par le chef d'établissement. L'un des professeurs est appelé "professeur principal". Il y a aussi dans les lycées un "responsable pédagogique", un "conseiller principal d'éducation", et enfin le conseil de classe comprend des "délégués de classe" qui sont des élèves. Mais pas de "responsable de c." à ma connaissance.

LART01

French-France
    There is also a comment from the conseil de classe just above the signatures. Could this be "Responsable de conseil de classe du Lycée"? I would have thought that should be "Responsable du..."
    Les conseils de classe sont présidés par le chef d'établissement. L'un des professeurs est appelé "professeur principal". Il y a aussi dans les lycées un "responsable pédagogique", un "conseiller principal d'éducation", et enfin le conseil de classe comprend des "délégués de classe" qui sont des élèves. Mais pas de "responsable de c." à ma connaissance.
    :thumbsup: peut-être devons-nous comprendre ce qu'est ce document? S'agit-il ici d'un "conseil de classe"? Cette abréviation est très mystérieuse.
    C'est le chef d'établissement qui rédige le procès-verbal (compte-rendu) de la séance ou une personne désignée par lui, qui le signe et qui le fait contre-signer après accord, par le secrétaire-adjoint qui aura été désigné en début de séance parmi les parents d'élèves (titulaires ou suppléants).Pas de c', ici

Malcius

English - England
    Proz has a question about "responsable de classes et de niveaux" (responsable de classes et de niveaux | French to English | Education / Pedagogy).
    I wonder if that could be related.
    peut-être devons-nous comprendre ce qu'est ce document?
    As far as I was aware, it is just a standard school report, "BULLETIN TRIMESTRIEL", with the student's details at the top, a table listing the subjects with the student's grade and rank for each subject, the class minimum, maximum and average grade for each subject and a teacher's comments alongside each row of grades. At the foot of the table, there is a "Moyenne générale". Below that the absence statistics and the "avis du conseil de classe", including an "avertissement de niveau", then the two signatures. Finally, there is the warning that no duplicate of the "bulletin" will be issued.

misterk

English-American
    A proposal: I notice that the spacing between words is not consistent, and there is more space before the "du". I suggest that "du lycée" was originally on a different line of type and has been pasted in place to make it look like one line of type. The mysterious "c'" is in fact the beginning of the word "cycle". (What appears to be an apostrophe after the "c" is actually the top left corner of the letter "y" and we can see the bottom left of the "y" below the line.) The title in full is "responsable de cycle du lycée."

Malcius

English - England
    Thanks misterk

I just had a similar thought having just looked at a "Who's who" type page for the school in question and it lists:
    • Directeur Coordinateur
      Chef d’établissement du Collège et du Lycée
    • Responsable du Lycée
    • Responsable de la vie scolaire
    • Adjoint de cycle Tales
    • Adjoint de cycle 1ères
    • Adjoint de cycle 2ndes
    I'm wondering if "de cycle" was intended to be eliminated entirely and it should just be "Responsable du lycée"

Malcius

English - England
    Unless there are any further suggestions, I think I will go with "Head [of c] of Lycée" and add a note to explain that there appears to have been a typographical error.

mehoul

Dans les lycées on a aussi un conseil d'établissement (ou conseil d'administration) mais ça ne colle pas (car on parle de président et pas de responsable).

Finalement je vote pour "responsable de cycle", une fonction qui semble exister dans certains lycées privés (et peut-être publics, tout change vite en ce moment).

mehoul

J'y avais pensé mais il n'y aurait pas la suite du titre : "du lycée".

OLN

French - France, ♀
    French. Paris-based. The student was in Première ES. It dates from the deuxième Trimestre of 2018-2019.
    Les questions sur des bulletins scolaires cryptés ou indéchiffrables sont récurrentes dans ce forum, mais je viens de voir que celui-ci est tout récent. L'ex-lycéen ne sait-il plus quelle fonction exerçait la personne ? Sinon, pourquoi ne pas s'adresser à la source, au secrétariat de l'établissement ?

Malcius

English - England
    Les questions sur des bulletins scolaires cryptés ou indéchiffrables sont récurrentes dans ce forum, mais je viens de voir que celui-ci est tout récent. L'ex-lycéen ne sait-il plus quelle fonction exerçait la personne ? Sinon, pourquoi ne pas s'adresser à la source, au secrétariat de l'établissement ?
    Hi OLN.
    I did send a query for my client to pass on to the end client (who I imagine is the student in question). However, there is no name attached to the title on the report apart from a fairly illegible signature, so it's fairly plausible that they might not know who signed it.

I have not had a great deal of success trying to contact French schools, although I admit I did not try on this occasion.

When I found the list of job titles that I quoted in my earlier post, I was fairly happy with my conclusion that "de c" was intended to have been removed and probably had been "de cycle". As mister pointed out, if you look closely at the screenshot clip I posted, the little diagonal mark that I initially took for an apostrophe is at just the right point for the top left of a "y" and there's a little bump on the underline that could be the tail of a "y".

Raffa.English

French - France
    Hello. Responsable de c is not a known or used abbreviation of a position or title at a French state or private school.
    As said above, it probably stands for responsable de cycle.
    My guess would be that the report has been deliberately altered, maybe folded or pasted as suggested above, to mask something. I don't know if you can tell from your copy.

Raffa.English

French - France
    But de la classe would not be omitted. I've never seen or heard anybody say: Je suis responsable de c'.
    One might say: Je suis responsable de la c', if such a class exists, and is unique.
    Besides it does not refer to any form or category that I know of in the French system.

Oddmania

French
    Suis-je le seul à voir un cœur ? J'ai l'impression qu'il a voulu écrire "Responsable de ♡" (responsable de cœur), et que le caractère a été mal rendu à cause de la police d'écriture.

C'est incongru, je l'avoue...

Malcius

English - England
    I don't know if you can tell from your copy.
    The image above is a direct screenshot from my copy. There were no obvious lines to indicate folding or superimposition, just the abrupt interruption of what I am now fairly convinced was the word "cycle". I suspect that "du lycée" was probably in a borderless text box placed inaccurately over "de cycle" and I believe that it was intended to cover "de cycle" completely. It seems a bit of an odd way to prepare the document but the most likely explanation I can think of.
    Suis-je le seul à voir un cœur ?
    I see it but don't believe it. I think my explanation above is the most likely.

Malcius

English - England
    L'établissement regroupe peut-être un collège et un lycée.
    My post number 9 above, confirms that it is indeed both a collège and a lycée but I am convinced that the "c" was once part of "cycle" and is the result of a clumsy attempt to place a "du lycée" text box over "de cycle".