retaining you in the company

lapaz

Filipino, Philippines
Salut!

This is the entire phrase that I am working out to translate:

How important would your workplace be in attracting, recruiting and retaining you in the company?

My attempt:
Quelle importance donnez-vous à votre lieu de travail dans l’attraction, le recrutement et en vous retenir dans la société?

Am no so sure about the last phrase. Thanks for your suggestion and help.

• papan

bonjour,

il faudrait complètement changer ta phrase, je la comprends plutôt ainsi:

De quelle manière votre lieu de travail vous semblerait important dans l'attrait, dans le recrutement et dans votre fidélité à l'entreprise/ maintien dans l'entreprise?

Liselotte

French
    How important would your workplace be in attracting, recruiting and retaining you in the company?

My attempt:
    Quelle importance donnez-vous à votre lieu de travail dans l’attraction, le recrutement et en vous retenir dans la société?
    If you consider only this section of your sentence "retaining you in the company" would be better translated as vous garder dans l'entreprise.

But I agree with papan that the sentence has to be rewritten in French...

lapaz

Filipino, Philippines
    Well, I thank you both for your insights. I agree that some english phrases do not have direct and fluid translation in French; and since I don't know much french, it's very hard for me to rephrase the sentences and make them really sound naturally french.

I appreciate the improvements you put in my poor translation. Thanks so much. :)

< Previous | Next >