rethink your priorities when it comes to guys

< Previous | Next >

minhduc

vietnamese
Hi all, please explain yo me the bold one. This is from Crescendo by Becca Fitzpatrick.

"Hear me out. I’m saving the best for last. I think this is a good time to rethink your priorities when it comes to guys. What we need is to find you a nice Boy Scout who’ll make you appreciate the value of having a good man in your life."

Thanks

• owlman5

English-US
    To say that it's time "to rethink your priorities when it comes to guys" means "you need to change your opinion about what you are looking for from your boyfriends". The speaker then goes on to say that "what we need is to find you a nice Boy Scout...".

That means the speaker thinks that this woman chooses lousy boyfriends who don't treat her well. The speaker thinks that the woman needs to meet better men.

Copyright

American English
    We all tend to have a mental list of things we value in another person: good looks, sense of humor, money, honor, etc. And we also tend to list them in order of importance (priority). So the speaker is telling this girl (I assume) that she needs to rethink her priorities in terms of the guys she is going out with: maybe drop "hardcore biker outlaw type" down the list and bring "honest, sensitive, respectful type" a little closer to the top.

< Previous | Next >