Retirar (del colegio)

• "Sign him out" is good.
    You could also say "withdraw him" or just "pick him up."
    All of these assume he is at school and you go to get him, such as for a doctor's appointment.

I've heard "unenroll" before but never "disernroll". Maybe it's regional.
    disenroll - Google Search

Is it disenroll or Unenroll?
    3 Answers. Disenroll, "To cancel enrolment; to remove oneself from a list" may be the word you want. It is in common use, for example as a bit of legal jargon for leaving an insurance plan: A member may only disenroll from an MA plan during one of the four election periods noted above. ...Jan 17, 2012

Sorry, I should've been clearer. Didn't mean it as a challenge. I just don't recall it being used in an academic setting like enroll or unenroll in a class, etc. Now that you mention it, I may have heard it in regard to insurance coverage. :)

Sorry, I should've been clearer. Didn't mean it as a challenge. I just don't recall it being used in an academic setting like enroll or unenroll in a class, etc. Now that you mention it, I may have heard it in regard to insurance coverage. :)
    I didn't take it as a challenge. I had to look it up myself before I posted it, so I already had the source up on my computer.

Actually, both unenroll and disenroll do not sound natural to me. I would prefer to say withdraw or remove. Unsubscribe is rather common for emails these days, but that is a whole different matter.

Thank you all for your input!

One last question if you don’t mind.

How would a child normally phrase it? I am translating letters to sponsors. Probably they wouldn’t use the word disenroll.

Ex:
    I am sad because my parents are going to withdraw/remove? me from school.

A child might say, "I am sad because my parents are going to take me out of school."

All in all, as per original question and mine, it seems that there is not much difference between retirar de la escuela for good and just for the day.

All in all, as per original question and mine, it seems that there is not much difference between retirar de la escuela for good and just for the day.
    You can always make it more clear if needed.
    I am sad because my parents are going to take me out of school for good.
    I am sad because my parents are going to take me out of school for the day.

Back