Retrace my steps

• DCPaco

Spanish of Mexico/ English of the USA
    It means the latter. When one is unable to retrace their steps, one is having trouble recollecting every step of what transpired.

Siberia

UK-Wales - English
    Retrace on its own does not mean 'couldn't undo'. In the sentence above I believe it means 'remember' or 'recollect' as you suggest.

cuchuflete

EEUU-inglés
    Hello Dr. A,

I think we need more background to answer your question.
    The sentence, all by itself, doesn't tell me enough to know for sure what 'retrace' means to say.

Dr.Appalayya

India;Telugu
    One newly married wife lodged a complaint against her husband, swore at him, incited violence from many of her relative against him, put him in lock-up,...many more all in a jiffy. Now since so many steps were taken in a breakneck speed, it is neither possible to undo what was done nor to recollect what happened.

SweetSoulSister

American English
    I wouldn't use "retrace her steps" in this context. Usually you use this expression when you have misplaced/lost something, like your keys. You retrace your steps so that you can find them.

In your example, I would say, "Since so many attacks were made over such a short amount of time, she can neither undo what was done nor even remember what happened."