rica ederim

• Şafak

What's the meaning of "rica"?
    Rica etmek (rica ederim/rica ederiz) is a set phrase that's used to express "de nada". Turkish is full of expressions that follow the same pattern: noun + etmek. You just have to memorize them.

I personally use "rica" as a standalone word when I want to say "una solicitud". Of course, native speakers can shed way more light on its use.

Nahuel O Tavros

Spanish
    Rica etmek (rica ederim/rica ederiz) is a set phrase that's used to express "de nada". Turkish is full of expressions that follow the same pattern: noun + etmek. You just have to memorize them.

I personally use "rica" as a standalone word when I want to say "una solicitud". Of course, native speakers can shed way more light on its use.
    Thanks a lot! Teşekkürler!

elroy

Imperfect mod
    US English, Palestinian Arabic bilingual
    I'm not a native speaker but here's some light-shedding (I hope):
    "Rica" comes from the Arabic word رجاء, which means something like "request."
    So it makes sense that it means that in Turkish on its own.
    "etmek" is like "to do something related to," so "rica etmek" is like "to do requesting."
    What does requesting have to do with "you're welcome"?
    Well, in a lot of languages the response to "thank you" literally means "I request" (Italian "prego," German "bitte," Polish "proszę," and others), and Turkish evidently does the same thing.