ring-a-ding (noun)


Senior Member
Good afternoon,

I've found this term in a British novel written in 1989 or 1990. The scene takes place in a bar, so it refers to an alcoholic drink.
I'd thought it could be a cocktail, but the word "double" makes me think it's simply whisky. (Or maybe "something very strong").

Would you know please what a ring-a-ding is?

M. said to the barman: 'Give him a ring-a-ding, a double, and hurry.'

Thank you very much.
  • < Previous | Next >