Ringtone

creative

UK - English
Hello

This is my 1st post... I am after the German translation of the following words...

Ringtone
Mobile phone
General Music
Bands
Night Clubs
Clubbing
Youth sites

Can anyone help?

• MrMagoo

Westphalia, Germany; German
    creative said:
    Hello

This is my 1st post... I am after the German translation of the following words...

Ringtone
    Mobile phone
    General Music
    Bands
    Night Clubs
    Clubbing
    Youth sites

Can anyone help?

Hi creative - welcome to the forum!! ;)

Ringtone
    ---> Klingelton, also: Ringtone - esp. when used in TV-commercials.

mobile phone
    ---> Handy

General Music
    ---> Maybe 'General Music' as well - I'm not into music that much, maybe Whod or Gaer will know.

Bands
    ---> usually Bands, as well.

Night Clubs
    ---> either Night Clubs or Nachtklubs

Clubbing
    ---> either clubbing or Diskobesuch (pl: -besuche) or - if referring to typical German pubs - also: Kneipentour (pl: -touren)

Youth Sites
    ---> Jugendtreffpunkt maybe, I'm not sure what exactly a youth site is in English.

Hope I could help you
    -MrMagoo

Whodunit

Deutschland ~ Deutsch/Sächsisch
    creative said:
    Hello

Can anyone help?
    Well, we can, but ...
    1. Welcome to the German forum.
    2. Make sure you read the forum rules (I know that may be boring, but therefore you'll get more replies: Please use better titles, such as "translation of some words" or "mobile phone and youth site in English" etc.)
    3. Please provide us some context. It's always better to translate words in context.

As for your question:

MrMagoo said:
    Hi creative - welcome to the forum!! ;)

Ringtone
    ---> Klingelton, also: Ringtone (English pronunciation) - esp. when used in TV-commercials.

mobile phone
    ---> Handy (preferred, English pron.), Mobiltelefon

General Music
    ---> Maybe 'General Music' as well - I'm not into music that much, maybe Whod or Gaer will know. Me neither. Maybe "allgemeine Musik".

Bands
    ---> usually Bands (English pronunciation; Band would be singular), as well.

Night Clubs
    ---> either Night Clubs or Nachtklubs (preferred)

Clubbing
    ---> either clubbing or Diskobesuch (preferrred) (pl: -besuche) or - if referring to typical German pubs - also: Kneipentour (pl: -touren)

Youth Sites
    ---> Jugendtreffpunkt maybe, I'm not sure what exactly a youth site is in English. I'd say "Jugendclubs/-klubs

Hope I could help you
    -MrMagoo
    Hope Elroy or Gaer could help us to specify what is meant by "youth site" or "General Music".

elroy

Imperfect Mod
    US English, Palestinian Arabic bilingual
    Hi Creative,

Let me add my welcome to MrMagoo's. I hope you find this forum helpful and begin to frequent it.

Might I also give you a tip: In the future, it would be helpful, for everyone involved, to give your thread a more informative title. That way everyone can easily locate it if necessary and those who search for related terms can also have a better chance of finding it.

Feel free to browse the forum rules for more information.

Once again, welcome! :)

elroy

Imperfect Mod
    US English, Palestinian Arabic bilingual
    Whodunit said:
    Well, we can, but ...
    1. Welcome to the German forum.
    2. Make sure you read the forum rules (I know that may be boring, but therefore you'll get more replies: Please use better titles, such as "translation of some words" or "mobile phone and youth site in English" etc.)
    3. Please provide us some context. It's always better to translate words in context.
    As for your question:

Hope Elroy or Gaer could help us to specify what is meant by "youth site" or "General Music".
    I'm not entirely positive but here are my attempts.

"Youth site," to me, sounds like it means "a website dedicated to youth."

"General music" sounds like music that's not from a specific genre, an "eclectic" mix, if you will (cf. pop, classical, techno, etc.).

Whodunit

Deutschland ~ Deutsch/Sächsisch
    My attempts.

elroy said:
    I'm not entirely positive but here are my attempts.

"Youth site," to me, sounds like it means "a website dedicated to youth." Jugendseite

"General music" sounds like music that's not from a specific genre, an "eclectic" mix, if you will (cf. pop, classical, techno, etc.). Allgemeinmusik/allgemeine Musik

gaer

US-English
    MrMagoo said:
    mobile phone
    ---> Handy
    I told my wife about "Handy", and we've been calling our cell phones our "Handies" every since. :)
    General Music
    ---> Maybe 'General Music' as well - I'm not into music that much, maybe Whod or Gaer will know.
    I don't konw what "General Music" means in English!

Gaer

gaer

US-English
    creative said:
    Hello

Ringtone
    Mobile phone
    General Music
    Bands
    Night Clubs
    Clubbing
    Youth sites

Can anyone help?
    Welcome to the forum. I see you've already gotten help. :)

Gaer

creative

UK - English
    Hello everyone

Many thanks for your help and assistance... I understand I should have been more detailed with my initail posting...

I am trying to research other German forums that relate to
    Youth
    Mobile Phone and ring tones
    All areas of music, rap, dance, techno, rock etc
    general clubbing

Basically all aspects of german youth and german music, I needed certain keywords translated to help assist me in this project...

Regards

< Previous | Next >