Ripping Corpse

< Previous | Next >

Ganton

Spanish-Euskera
Hi:

I was just listening a song performed by Kreator called "Ripping Corpse"

I have tried to find out what it means but I don´t really know as the meanings I´ve seen doesn´t fit well.

So let´s see in this context:

Await the death by the blade
Run before it's too late
Await the axe in your back
As the Ripping Corpse attack

the fact it´s that Ripping Corpse is someone, but how could I translate it?

Perhaps, El cadaver desgarrador??

thanks

• Biffo

English - England
    It is probably worth noting that this is a German band and their English is not perfect, e.g. "As the Ripping Corpse attack" should read "...attacks". Either that or they mean the ripping 'corps' (pronounced like 'core')

Concise Oxford English Dictionary © 2008 Oxford University Press:
    corps /kɔː/
    noun (pl. corps /kɔːz/)

One possibility is that they mean 'corps'. (cuerpo 21. m. Mil. Conjunto de soldados con sus respectivos oficiales. RAE)

Last edited:

Ganton

Spanish-Euskera
    I´ve always read "corpse". I know that sounds weird, but I think they wanted to say "corpse".

But Ripping.... I don´t really know. Probably they just want to say that it´s a corpse who is slaying around.

Thanks Biffo

Biffo

English - England
    If it is corpse then the verb should be 'attacks'. Ripping has overtones of Jack the Ripper, an infamous murderer who slashed and mutilated his female victims. He ripped their stomachs with a knife.

Attacks ascribed to the Ripper typically involved female prostitutes from the slums whose throats were cut prior to abdominal mutilations.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_the_Ripper

Last edited:

Ganton

Spanish-Euskera
    Ok. So I guess that Kreator made up the word "Ripping". And I think It´s a way to say Ripper. You know, artists!!!

< Previous | Next >