I'm trying to figure out how to say roadside pull-out in French but I'm not even sure if that's the right word in English and I can't find a better word or a translation into French anywhere! Basically just a place at the side of the road where it is widened so that you can safely stop... I would appreciate some help! Arrêt au bord de la route???
  • ce que est est

    Senior Member
    United States, English
    rest stop (picnic tables and bathrooms), truck stop (bigger, with burger kings and starbucks), widened shoulder (just what it means) en anglais.


    Senior Member
    Ireland: English-speaking ♂
    Sorry but from the context it's not entirely clear ; here in France where the road isn't sufficiently wide there are frequently passing spaces - definitely not for parking in though.
    I wonder if you are refering to the following Highway feature.
    Selon Wiki
    Lorsque la bande d'arrêt d'urgence est absente, on trouve en général, de temps à autre, des emplacements d'arrêt d'urgence ("refuges") avec poste d'appel d'urgence.