Roll of Convocation

< Previous | Next >

lovedj1

Spanish & Basque - Spain
Dear all:

I am translating a text about the merger of two universities and there appears an expression in the text that I understand but am unsure as to how to translate into Spanish. This is the expression: Roll of convocation, and it appears in this context:

The two merging higher education institutions' rolls of convocation are combined to establish a single roll of members of convocation for the XX University from which roll the office-bearers of the convocation shall be elected in terms of the standard institutional statute.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

• skinny

English USA
    The roll of convocation refers to the list of names of the people who will make up this group.

e) a Roll of Convocation Electors containing the names and addresses of all members of Convocation who have advised the Returning Officer in writing in response to an advertisement referred to in clause 2(2) of Schedule 1, or at any other time, of their wish to receive voting papers in relation to an election referred to in section 9(5)(e) of the Act, and furnished to the Returning Officer a statement of the qualifications by virtue of which the person is entitled to be a member of Convocation.

lovedj1

Spanish & Basque - Spain
    Thanks a bunch, Skinny. But as I said before, I do understand the concept, I just have no clue as to how to translate it into Spanish. As I imagine you know, legal (or legal-like) texts use very specific language, and I was wondering whether anybody might know how this is said in Spanish.
    But thanks for the info ;)

< Previous | Next >