Roma: Jastar amenge dur

remosfan

Canada, English
I have a song entitled "Jastar amenge dur," and I was hoping someone here would be able to identify the language and maybe translate it for me. My guess is Turkish but I have no way to verify that.

• Jana337

čeština
    remosfan said:
    I have a song entitled "Jastar amenge dur," and I was hoping someone here would be able to identify the language and maybe translate it for me. My guess is Turkish but I have no way to verify that.
    Hi Remosfan,

I spent a couple of minutes googling that song. It looks like it is the language of Greek Gypsies. I also found this: Jaster Amenge Dur(The Rom Of Fire). Who knows whether or not this is a translation. I would give you a link but it fails. I just could find it in Google's cache (my excuses to all IT guys for such an imprecise description). Click on this and go to the last result on the first page.

I am going to edit the title of this thread so that it catches the eye of those who could help.

Jana

remosfan

Canada, English
    Thanks Jana, and thank you also for not pointing out to me that I should always google stuff before asking questions :eek:. I got to say, though, that these forums are just as useful as googling.

And it looks like "The Rom of Fire" is the title of the CD, so I'm not sure if it's the translation either.

Jana337

čeština
    remosfan said:
    Thanks Jana, and thank you also for not pointing out to me that I should always google stuff before asking questions :eek:.
    I reckoned you were smart enough to figure that out. :p ;)

Jana

< Previous | Next >