kberben

Dutch - Belgium
Dear all,

I am looking for a good translation in Spanish for the word "Roof Trolley". This is a roof support in which it is possible to put (in this case) a mast in a horizontal position. To extend the mast the roof trolley slides to the back of the car (not on the roof anymore!) where the mast can be extended horizontally.

Thank you very much in advance!

Kristof

Last edited by a moderator:
  • iinnffooss

Spanish from Spain (north)
    I'm not sure if it is exactly what you need but the support you put on the roof of a car it is called baca in Spanish (like the cow = vaca but with b). however, baca is in general for all the supports for cars and I don't know if you look for something more in particular. I hope it helps!

kberben

Dutch - Belgium
    Thanks for your feedback!

I know the word baca, but I need a baca like in page 7 of the pdf on a specific website. Unfortunately I cannot refer to the site here :(. Please google the file ZCG_ClarkMasts_2007.pdf, than you will understand what I mean...

It is a "baca" but it allows you to slide the mast (mástil) to the back of the car so that you can deploy the mast. In the baca it lays down horizontally but you can put it behind the vehicle in a vertical position. After using you can slide the mast again on to the roof in the "baca".

I hope this clarifies things...

Thanks again for your help!

Kristof