room where trash is taken for disposal

tufguy

hindi
Could you please tell me what do we call the place where trash is thrown. I mean it is a very big room kind of place where people dumb the trash and then a truck picks all the trash congregated there to dispose it. It is built by the government. We can't call them dustbins. Am I correct?

• dojibear

English - Northeast US
    It is called the "town dump" or "city dump".

In the US most cities and towns have a "dump" where people can bring trash (in their cars or small trucks).

In some towns the "dump" is the actual landfill area. There is a specific spot where people can park their car and dump the trash onto the ground. After people dump their trash, bulldozers and trucks move it to other parts of the landfill.

In some towns (and most cities) the "dump" is a building, with an area for people to park their cars and take the trash out of them. Then bulldozers will move it into trucks, that carry it to a landfill.

se16teddy

English - England
    Could you please tell me what do we call the place where trash is thrown. I mean it is a very big room kind of place where people dumb the trash and then a truck picks all the trash congregated there to dispose it. It is built by the government. We can't call them dustbins. Am I correct?
    Does each block of flats have one, or is there one for each town or each neighbourhood?

tufguy

hindi
    Does each block of flats have one, or is there one for each town or each neighbourhood?
    No, it is built by the government so that every one can use it. Like in my place within the area of two kilometers there are two "City dumps".

< Previous | Next >