rough conversation/not a detail conversation

rituparnahoymoy

Assamese -India
Manager: Did Rohit explain you the details of our new product?

Client: Rohit, did tell me. But it was a rough conversation.He said if you want to know more about the product then visit our office and talk directly with our manager.
He will give you the information in details.

Now I want to know whether rough conversation can be the opposite of detail in formation.

Can I use detail conversation?

• Barque

Tamil
    Now I want to know whether rough conversation can be the opposite of detailed information in formation.
    I understood it because of the context. Without context, (and perhaps even with, sometimes) people wouldn't understand it - they'd think it meant rough as in "angry" or "rude".

He will give you the information in details.
    He will explain it to you in detail. (not details)

Can I use detail conversation?
    You could possibly use "detailed conversation" but you haven't given us a sentence.

Did Rohit explain you...
    ...explain to you...

Cross-posted.

rituparnahoymoy

Assamese -India
    I understood it because of the context. Without context, (and perhaps even with, sometimes) people wouldn't understand it - they'd think it meant rough as in "angry" or "rude".

He will explain it to you in detail. (not details)

You could possibly use "detailed conversation" but you haven't given us a sentence.

...explain to you...

Cross-posted.
    Client: Rohit, did tell me. But it was not a detailed conversation/"in-depth" conversation.

Barque

Tamil
    Yes, that's fine but you'll need "an" if you use "in-depth" and you don't need to put "in-depth" in inverted commas. (Bibliolept and I did because we were specifying the word.)

You don't need a comma after Rohit. It looks very unnatural.

< Previous | Next >