roughing (optometría)

Eu73

Costa Rica (Español)
Hola:
¿Alguien me puede decir como se dice "Roughing"? Es en términos de Optometría. ¡Les agradecería si me pudieran ayudar! :confused:

Last edited by a moderator:
  • daviesri

USA English
    If it is in the sense of 'roughing up the edges' it may be something like 'hacer rasposo' (my conjugation is terrible, sorry).

If you could show it use in a sentence.

lauranazario

Moderatrix
    Español puertorriqueño & US English
    Eu73 said:
    Hola,
    Alguien me puede decir como se dice "Roughing" ...igual es en terminos de Optometria.....les agradeceria me pudieran ayudar!!!
    :confused:
    No sé si aplica únicamente a optometría... pero según el Diccionario Técnico Español>< Inglés de F. Beigbeder,

roughing = revoco; desbaste.

Saludos,
    LN

daviesri

USA English
    It could mean 'scratch' but I would need to see it in a sentence.

If you are talking about 'taking a polished piece of glass and roughing up the edges', you could say you are scratching up the edges to remove the polished appearance.

Tienes cristal pulido. Si usas papel de lija en ese crital lo vas a raspar.

Eso es 'roughing' como en 'roughing up the edges'.

te gato

Alberta--TGE (te gato English)
    daviesri said:
    It could mean 'scratch' but I would need to see it in a sentence.

If you are talking about 'taking a polished piece of glass and roughing up the edges', you could say you are scratching up the edges to remove the polished appearance.

Tienes cristal pulido. Si usas papel de lijo en ese crital lo vas a raspar.

Eso es 'roughing' como en 'roughing up the edges'
    Hola;
    When I went on to one of the many web sites it talked about "roughing" as "edging"--"To edge--the glass is put into a machine and then ground down so that it fits the size of frame"
    Don't know if this helped or not:confused:
    Te gato;)
    feel free to correct

Chaucer

US inglés/español
    En confirmación de desbaste:

tallado -- el proceso completo de desbaste, afino y pulido de la superficie de una lente, dándole la curvatura deseada.

lens engraving-- the complete process of roughing/grinding, refining, and polishing of the lens surface, giving it the desired curvature.

< Previous | Next >