Rugare

< Previous | Next >

JasonNPato

USA-English
Silvia said:
Sai, quando sono libero tutto il giorno, la cosa assurda è avere un sacco di tempo per stare insieme e doverla lasciare per conto suo perché deve studiare, fare i compiti ecc. e mi ruga :eek:
what is "e mi ruga"? The rest is clear, but I don't know this last phrase.
Thank you for your help.
Jason

• winnie

italy, italian
    JasonNPato said:
    what is "e mi ruga"? The rest is clear, but I don't know this last phrase.
    Thank you for your help.
    Jason
    e mi ruga = it bogs / i got on my nerves

winnie

italy, italian
    Elisa68 said:
    Is it typical of the North?
    i really don't know but if you search for it on Garzanti Linguistica you'll find it, so it wouldn't be a regionalism... i guess!

Elisa68

Italian
    winnie said:
    i really don't know but if you search for it on Garzanti Linguistica you'll find it, so it wouldn't be a regionalism... i guess!
    Actually, it says dial., which I suppose is dialettale, isn't it?:confused:

JasonNPato

USA-English
    winnie said:
    e mi ruga = it bogs / i got on my nerves
    really? wow...that's not what I wanted to say at all. :eek: I didn't want to say that "it got on my nerves."
    I wanted to say that I am sorry that I bother her...I guess I should've been more clear in my original. :)

Elisa68

Italian
    I do not think it is your fault. That was just an interpretation and a suggestion to rephrase your sentence, but you can stick to the translation of the original where the meaning was clear!;)

(I hope the meaning of my sentence is clear, too!!!):D

Silvia

Italian
    Oh, well, it's not something you would say while talking to your granny, just because it's slang, I thought you were addressing a friend, explaining how you feel. It sounded natural, that's all.

definition It becomes vulgar if it's meant to be, especially in conjunction with other words.

JasonNPato

USA-English
    Silvia said:
    Oh, well, it's not something you would say while talking to your granny, just because it's slang, I thought you were addressing a friend, explaining how you feel. It sounded natural, that's all.

definition It becomes vulgar if it's meant to be, especially in conjunction with other words.
    good to know...I will use caution when I use the word. :)
    But to clarify, is it sort of like saying "that pisses me off"?

< Previous | Next >