Run rate

Discussion in 'English Only' started by winpoj, Jul 9, 2015.

1. winpoj Senior Member

Hello, could you please help me understand what "run rate" means in sentences like this:

Looking for experienced individual to drive Run Rate quarterly marketing process for North America. Responsibilities include the quarterly Run Rate campaign featuring focus offerings, key marketing messages and driving our key business partner planning process...

2. Packard

Packard Senior Member

USA, English
    A quick Google search reveals: http://www.investopedia.com/terms/r/runrate.asp

In the context of extrapolating future performance (the first definition), the run rate helps to put the company's latest results in perspective. For example, if a company has revenues of $100 million in its latest quarter, the CEO might say: "Our latest quarter puts us at a $400 million run rate." All this is saying is that if the company were to perform at the same level for the next year, they'd have annual revenues of $400 million.

3. PaulQ

PaulQ Senior Member

UK
    English - England
    1. Which company placed this advert?
    2. You have capitalised "Run Rate": is that how it appears?

4. Packard

Packard Senior Member

USA, English
    It appears (from the sentence supplied) that it is a magazine of some sort. So it would be capitalized it is the title of that magazine.

5. winpoj Senior Member

I actually first encountered this "run rate" problem in a document that contains texts of e-mails that a company (ZyXEL) is planning to send to its resellers.

There is a heading "ZyXEL run rate email 1" and then the text of the e-mail. Then ZyXEL run rate email 2 and so on.

I was completelly at loss so I tried some googling and found the above text where "run rate" appeared in more context.

Anyway, thanks for trying to help.

6. PaulQ

PaulQ Senior Member

UK
    English - England
    There are several meanings of "run rate" and probably others for "Run Rate". The OP's first example was financially orientated, his next concerned servers. No context - no answer.

7. Packard

Packard Senior Member

USA, English
    This has to do with computer networking devices so I am bowing out.

From WIKI:

ZyXEL Communications Corp. (Chinese: 合勤科技; pinyin: Héqín Kējì; Holding company Unizyx TSE: 3704), located in Hsinchu,Taiwan, is a manufacturer of DSL and other networking devices.