rut <vs> routine

Nofuhy

Portugues
I need help to understand this conversation so that i can translate to my native language.
And I need to know too, the difference between "rut" and "routine".
Is from How i met your mother.

Barney:
You keep going to the same bar, you're in a rut.
And I am a rut-buster. I'm going to bust your rut.

Ted:
It's not a rut, okay? It's a routine and I like it.

Barney:
Ted, what's the first syllable in 'rut-tine'?

• Biffo

English - England

Cagey

post mod (English Only / Latin)
    English - US
    Our current dictionary gives this definition of rut:
    2. a narrow or predictable way of life, set of attitudes, etc; dreary or undeviating routine (esp in the phrase in a rut)
    'Rut' has a negative connotation. As the definition says, a rut dreary, and there is some suggestion that if you are in a rut, that you are aren't thinking about what you are doing. You are acting as though you were in a trap.

A routine, on the other hand, need not be a bad thing. It can be a pleasant set of habits, or something that helps you get more done. Ted defends himself by saying that he is not in a rut (He isn't trapped by his habits); he has a routine (He has a habitual way of doing things and he enjoys it).

Cross-posted with Biffo.

Sparky Malarky

English - US
    Barney is making a pun which hinges on the fact that the first syllable of routine (rout) sounds similar to rut.

Although you can translate the gist of the conversation - that Barney feels Ted's comfortable routine is a "rut," - it would be difficult to translate the pun.

Nofuhy

Portugues
    A rut is made by wheeltracks in a rough road. A vehicle can get stuck in a rut, meaning that the wheels resist being steered the way the driver wants to go. Picture: http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_yY0GYFoZJZE/TSARv4YsDXI/AAAAAAAAAck/S6pZWxSCDI0/s1600/stuck-in-a-rut.jpg

Metaphorically being stuck in a rut means your life is not going where you want it to but you cannot escape.

A routine is a self-imposed adherence to a set of activities. The repetition is done by choice.

Our current dictionary gives this definition of rut:
    2. a narrow or predictable way of life, set of attitudes, etc; dreary or undeviating routine (esp in the phrase in a rut)
    'Rut' has a negative connotation. As the definition says, a rut dreary, and there is some suggestion that if you are in a rut, that you are aren't thinking about what you are doing. You are acting as though you were in a trap.

A routine, on the other hand, need not be a bad thing. It can be a pleasant set of habits, or something that helps you get more done. Ted defends himself by saying that he is not in a rut (He isn't trapped by his habits); he has a routine (He has a habitual way of doing things and he enjoys it).

Cross-posted with Biffo.

Thank you guys, now I know the difference between one and other :]]]

Barney is making a pun which hinges on the fact that the first syllable of routine (rout) sounds similar to rut.

Although you can translate the gist of the conversation - that Barney feels Ted's comfortable routine is a "rut," - it would be difficult to translate the pun.

Man, translate that pun is being very very difficult..
    I have no ideia how i'll do that haha
    Thank's.