Să fii fericit ca o albină.

buketturk

Turkish
Hello everyone,

Do you have an expression Romanian like "Să fii fericit ca o albină." (being happy like a bee) ?

Last edited by a moderator:
  • farscape

mod-errare humanum est
    Romanian
    There is no such saying in Romanian and I'm not sure this is a proper/known saying in English either. You should provide more context and related info.

farscape

mod-errare humanum est
    Romanian
    I'm not familiar with such a saying in English - not sure who says that and why (He is just saying "I want to be happy like a bee."), therefore the ask for content. There is a saying in AE, "happy as a clam at high tide".

If you tell us what message you're trying to convey I can try to find something similar in Romanian.

Zareza

Romanian
    The expression happy like a bee reminds me of English expressions
    -merry as a cricket (= greier - insect)
    -happy as a lark (= ciocârlie - bird)

In Romanian language there is the expression vesel ca un cintezoi (male chaffinch).

Ion Creangă (a famous Romanian writer) wrote în Amintiri din copilărie (Memories of My Childhood):
    ...și eu eram vesel ca vremea cea mai bună” = I was happy as the best weather

I understand that you are looking for the etymology of the Turkish expression and you asked also the Romanian speakers, right?

Anladığım kadarıyla Türkçe deyimin etimolojisini arıyorsunuz ve Rumence konuşanlara da sordunuz değil mi?

Last edited:

buketturk

Turkish
    Nope. The writer is Romanian but he writes in French. And he say "I want to be happy like a bee." So I thought that it's a romanian expression...

Last edited by a moderator: