Sailing menu

gyadha

italian
Hi everybody!

I can't understand what you mean by "sailing menu". It's one of the facilities offered by a special resort in Maldives. I have no context basically, it's just a list of services offered.

Ho pensato a qualcosa tipo un "menu da consumare a bordo", ma non so se è corretto.

Thanks.

• Tegs

Mód ar líne
    English (Ireland)
    Hm, it would depend on the context. If the list of services also includes activities offered, then since it's a land-based resort, I would guess that this is just a strange way of saying they offer various sailing options (e.g. a day learning how to sail, half a day of learning, one lesson etc).

I would only think it was related to food if, say, the context was a cruise and they were talking about various food menus, among which were Chinese menu, Italian menu, and sailing menu...

gyadha

italian
    Well it is included in a small "paragraph" named "destination dining". Honestly I really do not have any ideas.

Tegs

Mód ar líne
    English (Ireland)
    Don't worry, it's weird even for English speakers! ;) I would hazard a guess that it's a martime-themed menu of food, since the context is destination dining. So not a menu da consumare a bordo, but maybe menu con tema marittimo?

italtrav

English
    Ciao Tegs

Don't know about IE, but AE often uses "menu" to apply to any list of choices—even right here on my computer. I wouldn't find it strange if a resort listed, say, a variety of vessels for rent, sailing lessons, and related activities under the heading, "Sailing Menu."

Tegs

Mód ar líne
    English (Ireland)
    Hi italtrav,

If you read my earlier post you'll see that I already suggested that ;) But given that the context is "destination dining", I think it more likely that this is a food-related menu.

gyadha

italian
    Hi guys.

What would you think is more suitable to something that can be offered in a destination dining? In the same paragraph they deal with "Dhonis", which are typical Maldivian boats, and in that context they refer to "sailing menus", that's why I thought it was something like "menu da consumare a bordo", but maybe I'm wrong.
    It's all a matter of interpreting the text.

Thanks for helping.

< Previous | Next >