Saldatura

laurika

Slovakian
Hi all!

There is one phrase of what meaning I am not able to understand. Please help me!
the complete phrase is: la saldatura avviene mediante 8 torce TIG che eseguono 8 cordoni di saldatura senza riporto di materiale sull esterno del pacco.
I would be very grateful if you helped me to understand the first part, I mean 8 torce che eseguono 8 cordoni di saldatura.
what is leading what? I really am not able to understand it, my maternal language is of analytic grammar, sometimes I get to difficulty with syntactical one...
Thank you dears

• walnut

Italy - Italian
    Le 8 torce TIG eseguono la saldatura (= le torce saldano). The result is: 8 cordoni di saldatura senza riporto... The torches perform the welding.

Hope it helped, ciao! Walnut

laurika

Slovakian
    walnut said:
    Le 8 torce TIG eseguono la saldatura (= le torce saldano). The result is: 8 cordoni di saldatura senza riporto... The torches perform the welding.

Hope it helped, ciao! Walnut
    Yes, it helped, THANK YOU!!!
    ehi, ti posso chiedere un altro aiuto, per favore?
    cosa vuole dire CARRELLINI nella frase: sulla slitta sono montate le 8 torce di saldatura registrabili tramite appositi carellini?
    e IN DOTAZIONE nella frase: collegare i generatori tramite le apposite tubazioni in dotazione?
    l ultimo... apertura cava dei lamierini nella frase: E composto da 24 lame, che si inseriscono nell apertura cava dei lamierini e ne eseguono l allineamento?

qualche espressione non la capisco nel contesto, e una cosa terribile non sapere bene un linguaggio, soprattutto quell italiano!
    bye

walnut

Italy - Italian
    laurika said:
    Yes, it helped, THANK YOU!!!
    :) I'm happy it did!
    laurika said:
    cosa vuole dire CARRELLINI nella frase: sulla slitta sono montate le 8 torce di saldatura registrabili tramite appositi carellini?
    It means that the 8 torches are mounted on a sledge (I do hope it fits as a technical word, and not only when talking about Santa Claus!). You can regulate the position of the torches thanks to LITTLE TROLLEYS specifically dedicated to that purpose.
    laurika said:
    e IN DOTAZIONE nella frase: collegare i generatori tramite le apposite tubazioni in dotazione?
    The generators can be switched on/linked thanks to apposite/suitable pipes that are PART OF MACHINE'S OUTFIT.
    laurika said:
    apertura cava dei lamierini nella frase: E composto da 24 lame, che si inseriscono nell apertura cava dei lamierini e ne eseguono l allineamento?
    apertura cava = empty opening, cavity: the thin metal plates have empty openings/cavities in which the 24 blades of which the ___ tool is made introduce to perform the alignment.

Ciao, ask again if my english is not clear, I'll try another way! :) Walnut

laurika

Slovakian
    thank you, Walnut,

your English is clear, absolutely clear to me :)
    Thank you very much, you really helped me a lot!!!
    I hope one day I will can pay back your help :)

Grazie, stammi bene

Silvia

Italian
    Brava walnut!
    Anche se non ho capito l'ultima parte, credo che sia un po' confusa:
    walnut said:
    the thin metal plates have empty openings/cavities in which the 24 blades of which the ___ tool is made introduce to perform the alignment.
    I would translate it like this:

"It consists of 24 blades, which go into the hollow space of the sheets and perform their alignment."

I will be grateful for your corrections!

walnut

Italy - Italian
    silviap said:
    "It consists of 24 blades, which go into the hollow space of the sheets and perform their alignment."
    It's perfect! 'Hollow space', that's what I was looking for and didn't know how to say... Grazie mille Silvia, ho notato che imparo circa una cosa al giorno, oggi è l'hollow space day, decisamente! :) Walnut

walnut

Italy - Italian
    your English is clear, absolutely clear to me :)
    Thank you very much, you really helped me a lot!!!
    I hope one day I will can pay back your help
    Grazie Laurika, my pleasure. Believe me, I feel more than paid back if you tell me my English was clear to you! :) Walnut

Rob625

English - England
    silviap said:
    Aspetta, aspetta walnut! Prima che Rob mi dica che ho sbagliato! :D
    Silvia! as if I would! ;)

Actually, I was avoiding this thread as being rather too technical. But since you have dragged me in ... :rolleyes:

E composto da 24 lame, che si inseriscono nell apertura cava dei lamierini e ne eseguono l allineamento
    It consists of 24 blades which fit into the hole in the sheets and serve to align them.

A hole is precisely an empty space. If it is long and thin, so that something slides into it, it sould be a slot. I don't like "hollow space" here because it sounds more three-dimensional.

By the way: "You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to silviap again.";)

walnut

Italy - Italian
    Rob625 said:
    A hole is precisely an empty space. If it is long and thin, so that something slides into it, it sould be a slot. I don't like "hollow space" here because it sounds more three-dimensional.
    Ciao Rob! With empty space and slot I'm OK. May I ask you for some examples with 'hollow space'? Mumble mumble... I'm trying but I can't do it by myself. Thank you :confused: Walnut

Silvia

Italian
    empty space sounds too generic to me... slot should be fine, IF it didn't refer to something sliding... which I suppose it's the case here. Am I right?

laurika

Slovakian
    walnut said:
    Grazie Laurika, my pleasure. Believe me, I feel more than paid back if you tell me my English was clear to you! :) Walnut
    Hi Walnut

it was clear to me because I knew what you were talking about, and that s very precious. You wrote it the way I could understand :) grazie ;)
    L.

laurika

Slovakian
    walnut said:
    Ciao, ask again if my english is not clear, I'll try another way! :) Walnut
    hello Walnut :eek:
    I am going to disturb you again... :(
    I do not understand the word PRECARICA in phrase> Per coretto funzionamento e necessario controllare periodicamente la pressione di precarica. What is that precarica in this context?????
    Please, if you could help me. :eek:
    bye, L.

walnut

Italy - Italian
    As Silvia says, it's precharge (if precharge exists)! = The machine is charged in advance with pressure X, and you have to check that pressure periodically. Ciao! :) Walnut

laurika

Slovakian
    walnut said:
    As Silvia says, it's precharge (if precharge exists)! = The machine is charged in advance with pressure X, and you have to check that pressure periodically. Ciao! :) Walnut
    thank you!!! very much!!!
    bye