Sales footprint

< Previous | Next >

Patitou's Friend

Polish
Hello,

I'm translating the financial statements of an international group of companies that manufactures pipes to transport gas, fuels and heating.
In the notes to the statements, a table showing "special items" (i.e. extraordinary income and expenses), there is "Restructuring sales footprint".

There's no other reference to the sales footprint throughout the entire document so it's really difficult for me to guess what the sales footprint could be. Not much success in Google search either.

I've seen the discussion on "Manufacturing Footprint" so maybe it's similar. Would it refer to the number/location of selling facilities (i.e. branches, representative offices) of the group throughout the world?

Thank you in advance,
Patitou's Friend

• PaulQ

Banned
    UK
    English - England
    Would it refer to the number/location of selling facilities (i.e. branches, representative offices) of the group throughout the world?
    It is quite possible that this is the meaning.

The "footprint" [of something] is a figurative use of literal meaning of the word that means "The effect, the structure, or the signs of existence [of something] that can be seen, experienced, or otherwise detected/found."

Compare with the phrase "Carbon footprint" -> Carbon footprint - Wikipedia

< Previous | Next >