Salpuido / Sarpullido

Discussion in 'Medical Terminology' started by Photosmart, Feb 23, 2008.

  1. Photosmart Senior Member


    Me podrian decir como se dice salpuido en ingles. Se trata de vastantes "ronchitas" pequeñas que salen en la piel. No son como las ronchas normales, ya que estas son mas pequeñas y no son tan rojas e inflamadas.

  2. fsabroso

    fsabroso Moderadiólogo

    South Texas
    Perú / Castellano
  3. Photosmart Senior Member

    muchas gracias.
  4. Bill Osler

    Bill Osler Senior Member

    North Carolina, USA
    English, USA
    I had a patient recently who complained of an itchy red area, but for whatever reason she did not seem to think that the word sarpullido was an appropriate description.
    Does sarpullido refer to a specific type of rash or skin change? For an itchy red area would there be a better word?
  5. malaikaGS Member

    Madrid, Spain
    Mexico español

  6. tron7

    tron7 Member

    Spanish - Spain
    - Sarpullido: minor and temporary outbreak of a bunch of pimples or welts on the skin.
    - Rash: any skin eruption.

    It seems therefore that "rash" is more general than "sarpullido".

    As far as I've found:
    - Sarpullido = Miliaria or Sweat rash.
    - Rash = Erupción cutánea or Dermatitis. (However in colloquial language you would rarely say "Me ha salido una erupción cutánea / una dermatitis"; I think you would rather say "Me han salido unos granos / unas ronchas / una alergia / un sarpullido / etc." depending on the type of rash.)

Share This Page