salva freschezza

alius

italian
I need to translate this Italian expression :"salva freschezza" which you can find on product labels, referring to the adhesive seal or cork. The producer want to say that the closure will guarantee the freshness of the product .

is there anything similar in English?

• Tunalagatta

English - England
    Hi :)

I have some right in front of me. One says simply, RESEALABLE TAB (so you can substitute tab with cork). Another one says, RE-SEAL TO KEEP (YOUR TEA BAGS) FRESH. Another says, USE TAB TO RECLOSE. Another says, USE TAB TO RETAIN FRESHNESS.

Sorry Davide, Fresher (comparative adjective) Keeper wouldn't fit - maybe Freshness (noun) Keeper, though.

alius

italian
    I see what you mean and that means salva freschezza in Italian but what if the producer wants to say that if the cork is still coverd by some sort of intact plastic that means that it has never been opened before?

something like "sigillo adesivo di garanzia di chiusura"

Tunalagatta

English - England
    I see what you mean and that means salva freschezza in Italian but what if the producer wants to say that if the cork is still coverd by some sort of intact plastic that means that it has never been opened before?

:eek: Sorry...

Do you mean that this will appear on the product itself, or is it in some descriptive literature about the product?

How about, Protective seal: product freshness guaranteed??

(You usually just see the warning: Reject if seal is broken)

Yulan

Italian

Ciao Alius :)

In generale "il sigillo di garanzia" è apposto proprio per garantire all'acquirente che il prodotto non è mai stato aperto (dopo essere stato confezionato" ... di solito la scritta che appare è "sigillo di garanzia" (tout-court) e, come suggerisce Tuna, secondo me, va benissimo "Reject if seal is broken".

Non ho capito il riferimento a "salva freschezza" che, credo, sia tutt'altra cosa.

Spero ti sia d'aiuto :)

< Previous | Next >