-san, -kun, -chan, -sama, -senpai

Cerebrain

Spanish - Colombia
As many of you already know, in Japanese are used a lot of honorifics like -san, -kun, -chan, -sama, -senpai, etc. So I was wondering the standard translation and usage (based on the context) of them.

I already know the meaning of them, but I'm not really sure of how to translate them (because I'm a beginner in Japanese).

I'm very thankful to anyone who can help me.

-----------------------

Como muchos de ustedes ya sabrán, en el japonés se usan muchos honoríficos como -san, -kun, -chan, -sama, -senpai, etc. Pregúntome como es la traducción y uso (basado en el contexto) estándar de ellos.

Ya sé el significado de ellos, pero no estoy seguro del como traducirlos (porque soy un principiante en el japonés).

Muchas gracias a cualquiera que pueda ayudarme.

• karlalou

Banned
    母国語:日本語
    If you know the meanings already then just try to find the suitable words in your language which I don't know.. X(

karlalou

Banned
    母国語:日本語
    -san, -kun, -chan, -sama, -senpai, etc.
    OK.. if you want to know the differences of them, then
    -san is the most common and polite enough in most occasions.
    -kun is basically to be used for young males, or some people use it for someone younger male or female than him/her to show friendliness.
    -chan is basically to be used for children, or some people use it to show affection (not romantic at all though).
    -sama is to show respect to the person but still very commonly used.
    -senpai is used to call elders to show respect to them, often at cultural or sports clubs at schools by teenagers but age doesn't really matter.

oh, and girls call friends each other usually by using -chan.

Last edited:
    < Previous | Next >