Sanskrit-Devanagari: Vadami

Pivra

= I speak

Can someone type this in Devanagari for me please, I can't type it in my computer.

Dhanyavaad

• Pivra

panjabigator said:
    what does vadami mean?
    It means I speak

I tried to type in in Devanagari yesterday and the I kept moving to the back of the M, so I got really pissed and gave up.

Sorry I didnt tell you that its a Mi, not Mee. But I took what you gave me and fixed it.

Anugurihiitosumi lol

kvajak

Dialekt von Chaozhou, Chaozhou, Kanton, China
    I think it should be वटामि, whose pronunciation is vadāmi, but not vadami. That is because the final –a- of the present-stem should be lengthened in the three first persons conjugation, i.e. vadāvas (we two speak, but not vadavas) and also vadāmas (we speak, not vadamas)

Pivra

panjabigator said:
    Sometimes firefox will displace the short i matra incorrectly. But thats not the case here.

my 500th post!
    Matra? How is this term used in your language, in Thai, we use it to group the final sounds into families. We don't use it with the vowels. Vowels are called Sara สระ in Thai.

Confused Linguist

English & Bengali
    kvajak said:
    I think it should be वटामि, whose pronunciation is vadāmi, but not vadami. That is because the final –a- of the present-stem should be lengthened in the three first persons conjugation, i.e. vadāvas (we two speak, but not vadavas) and also vadāmas (we speak, not vadamas)
    You are absolutely right! :)

Pivra

panjabigator said:
    The matra's are just the vowels for us. Does Thai have aspirated letters?
    All the aspirated letters except the Dh are raised up a tone in Thai. Dh sounds like a soft sound between a T and a D.

< Previous | Next >