Sanskrit: Love is like life, but starts before and continues after. We arrive and depart in the middle.

Vania_B

Portuguese - English
Hi everyone! I need to translate a small sentence from English to Sanskrit. I've already paid for a translation, but I did no get any feedback from the translator... I need to be completely sure about this, can someone please help me? Is this correct?

This is the sentence:
"Love is like life, but starts before and continues after. We arrive and departe in the middle."

This is what I got from the translator:
प्रेमा जीवनमिव, किन्तु जीवनात् प्रागारभतेऽनन्तरं चानुवर्तते । वयं तन्मध्ये आगच्छामोऽपगच्छामश्च ।

Thank you all so so much :)

• Au101

England, English (UK)
    Hi everyone!I need to translate a small sentence from English to Sanskrit. I've already paid for a translation, but I did no get any feedback from the translator... I need to be completely sure about this, can someone please help me?

This is the sentence:
    This is what I got from the translator:
    Thank you all so much

Seems alright to me, although the avagrāha (ऽ) in आगच्छामोऽपगच्छामश्च is quite unusual. This is not, I think, wrong and is done, particularly in Sanskrit glosses and padapāṭha texts, but आगच्छामोपगच्छामश्च would, I think, generally be more usual. जीवनात् and प्रागारभतेऽनन्तरं can also be written together as जीवनात्प्रागारभतेऽनन्तरं, but, again, to have them separate is neither wrong, nor exceptionally rare.

Vania_B

Portuguese - English
    Hi Au101!
    Can't thank you enough! This really means a lot to me, you were very kind to take some time to write this :)
    <3