Sapete che niente di inferno là è aiuto per maledetto

< Previous | Next >

Paulus

American English - USA
Good morning - well, it is where I am,

I am trying to figure out what a teenage girl's signature is on a Christian discussion board. She is a very mixed-up person, considering that she has very low self-esteem, had witnessed the loss of her twin brother & is considering suicide, has attempted that a few times already.

The first two sentences are:

"sono il bambino del diavolo ed il dio non è reale. tutti siete condannati ad inferno per tutto il eternity."

I was able to get this from the Wordreference.com Dictionary...

"I am the child of the devil and the god not being real. All being sentence([d] or) condemn[ed] for all time.

I know now that "eternity" is not an Italian word but with three of the four words in the phrase "per tutto il...", I think she means "per tutto il tempo," - "for all time."

Thank you for being here.

Sincerely,
Paulus

• You little ripper!

Australian English
    Paulus said:

I am trying to figure out what a teenage girl's signature is on a Christian discussion board. She is a very mixed-up person, considering that she has very low self-esteem, had witnessed the loss of her twin brother & is considering suicide, has attempted that a few times already.

"sono il bambino del diavolo ed il dio non è reale. tutti siete condannati ad inferno per tutto il eternity."
    I am the devil's child and God does not exist. You are all damned to hell for eternity.

"I am the child of the devil and the god not being real. All being sentence([d] or) condemn[ed] for all time.

I know now that "eternity" is not an Italian word but with three of the four words in the phrase "per tutto il...", I think she means "per tutto il tempo," - "for all time."

Sincerely,
    Paulus
    Hope that helps.

uinni

Italy, Italian
    Paulus said:

Sincerely,
    Paulus
    Very Nice!
    If you feed Altavista's automatic translator the sentence:

"I am the the devil's child and God does not exist. You are all damned to hell for eternity"

you get exactly

Which is definitely a malformed Italian sentence.

Uinni

You little ripper!

Australian English
    uinni said:
    Very Nice!
    If you feed Altavista's automatic translator the sentence:

"I am the the devil's child and God does not exist. You are all damned to hell for eternity"

you get exactly

Which is definitely a malformed Italian sentence.

Uinni
    Is that really what came up, word for word?
    If it is, I must be :warn: bloody brilliant!

BTW what is the link to Altavista's automatic translator?

Raphillon

Italy
    Sounds like a word-by-word translation from some automatic device, because none of the two sentences makes sense in Italian. I think Charles Costante is right about the second one, I will try to figure out what is the meaning of the title one....

"Sapete che niente di inferno là è aiuto per maledetto"

I guess this comes from:

"Know that there's nothing in hell helping the dammed"

But it is just a guess, because the "Italian" sentence makes no sense at all....

I'm sorry for your teenager friend. She lives in an age which should be still joyfull and filled with wonders, not with thoughts of death :(

uinni

Italy, Italian
    Charles Costante said:
    Is that really what came up, word for word?
    If it is, I must be :warn: bloody brilliant!

BTW what is the link to Altavista's automatic translator?
    Almost.

When I see such evident malformed sentences I always check what they can come from at world.altavista.com... And in this case the sentence you privided seemed to fit perfectly the pattern!!!

Uinni

You little ripper!

Australian English
    uinni said:
    Almost.

When I see such evident malformed sentences I always check what they can come from at world.altavista.com... And in this case the sentence you privided seemed to fit perfectly the pattern!!!

Uinni
    Why do you say "Almost"? They look exactly the same to me. Or maybe you meant that I am almost "Bloody brilliant!"? :D

uinni

Italy, Italian
    Charles Costante said:
    Why do you say "Almost"? They look exactly the same to me. Or maybe you meant that I am almost "Bloody brilliant!"? :D
    Both! :D

Anyway, the very same wrong Italian sentence is produced by:

I am the devil's child and God is not real. You are all condemned to hell for all the eternity.

Uinni

Paulus

American English - USA
    Folks, thank you very much for your assistance on this really difficult sentence. I'll try to look up the phrase on Google to find out where it might have come from, besides from this girl's squirrelly mind.

Oh yes, A Belated Blessed Christmas to you all and A Happy New Year.

Paulus

< Previous | Next >