Saw Situation Definition

mohsen.amiri

Banned
persian
Hi
What does 'Saw Situation' mean? I think it refers to a condition in which a person can not do something and can not not to do that. Assume you are a soldier and your best friend is your enemy. If you encounter which him, you will be in a Saw Situation. kill him or let him to kill you?
Am I right?
I searched the net and this page was found.
What is your idea about Saw Situation? Am I right?

• Loob

English UK
    I'm afraid "Saw Situation" means nothing to me, mohsen.amiri.

I didn't look at your link in detail, but I gained the impression that "SAW" there was an acronym.

Juhasz

English - United States
    Where have you heard the expression "Saw situation" used?

Out of context, I would have no idea what "Saw situation" might mean. It is not an expression that I have ever heard before. Based on your description, I assume it's a reference to a 2004 horror movie called "Saw." In the film, people are tortured by being put in a situation where they have to make a very painful choice, say, between sawing their leg off, or dying (or something like that - I've never seen the film).

A similar and perhaps outdated expression is "Sophie's choice," which is the name of a 1982 film about a woman who has to decide which of her two children would live and which would die.

mohsen.amiri

Banned
    persian
    Would you have a look at the link I mentioned and tell me what these people mean with Saw Situation (in that page). It can help me.

Loob

English UK
    I don't know what SAW means in your link, I'm afraid.

Juhasz's post looks like an excellent explanation of "Saw situation".

Loob

English UK
    I neither agree nor disagree, mohsen.amiri. I've never heard the phrase "Saw situation".

Cagey

post mod (English Only / Latin)
    English - US
    I agree with se16teddy: We need to know about the text that made you ask the question. Include the complete sentence and tell us what was being discussed. Tell us where you saw it -- the name of the website or newspaper article or book. All the information needed to answer your question should be in the post. A link is helpful, but people should not have to go to another website to answer your question.