Saying that something A happens except possibly for B means that whenever B is not true A happens.

< Previous | Next >

Shak32

romanian
Saying that something A happens except possibly for B means that whenever B is not true A happens. Is the word underlined a typo? or head of the relative clause? source

• heypresto

English - England
    It doesn't look like a typo to me. What do you think it should say?

It might be clearer if you read it as 'Saying that something we will refer to as A happens . . . '

Zethin

English - United States
    The entire phrase would be "something A", though it's probably easier to read as "some thing A" where "thing" is a verb that occurs and is labeled as "A".

So, likewise, in the initial phrase "something A", something would be a verb labeled A that happens except possibly for the situation of B.

This is a logic statement, so what it's saying is "If B doesn't happen, then verb A is guaranteed to happen."

Shak32

romanian
    It doesn't look like a typo to me. What do you think it should say?

It might be clearer if you read it as 'Saying that something we will refer to as A happens . . . '
    Is the 'as' conjunction or preposition?

I thought it is somekind relative clause but for the word ''happen'' is intransitive and didn't take preposition, I was confused.

< Previous | Next >