1. The forums will be closed for a major forum upgrade for around 2-4 hours on Sunday, starting around noon US Eastern Time (GMT -4, 18:00 in most of Europe). Details
    Dismiss Notice

Scanned receipt

Discussion in 'Italian-English' started by Jocker, Sep 27, 2005.

1. Jocker New Member

Italy - Italiano
    Hi, I have a problem getting the full meaning of this sentence:
    "we will reimburse the full cost of postage with a scanned recipt"

this is the context: I have to send something and they will reimburse me.
    what is a scanned recipt?

thank you
    potete rispondere in inglese o italiano ;)

2. leenico

leenico Senior Member

U.S.A. english
    I think you mean to say "scanned receipt." ;)

3. Jocker New Member

Italy - Italiano
    great!
    and what is a scanned receipt?
    Is the proof that I sent them something?

4. I hate to tell you this, but "scanned receipt" isn't clear in English, either. "Scanned" usually means reading with some kind of electronic device, but how you're supposed to do that at home is beyond me.

5. DesertCat Senior Member

inglese | English
    Well, it may mean you can scan your real physical receipt and send that in. Presumably, the receipt is proof of the amount of postage paid. But, it would probably help if you had more context.

6. Jocker New Member

Italy - Italiano
    Thank you for the replies,
    yes: I'll send the document with 'posta raccomandata' (registered mail), the post office will give me a receipt, I'll scan this receipt with a scanner and send the image via email as a proof.

7. DesertCat Senior Member

inglese | English
    You can simply say "I'll scan the receipt." It's not necessary to include "with a scanner" as that is implied.

8. Alfry

Alfry Senior Member

Italy
    Italian
    le rimborseremo interamente il costo sostenuto mostrandoci una scansione/copia della ricevuta

Scanned in questo caso credo che faccia riferimento ad una copia ottenuta mediante scanner.

Se ci dici in che contesto si trova possiamo anche essere un po' più precisi