scarica di diarrea

sciarada

Italian; Italy
Ciao a tutti,
Sto traducendo un testo medico e devo dire "ultima scarica" (di diarrea).
CVome si dice scarica in questo senso?
Scusate se l'argomento non è dei migliori!!
Grazie

• Benzene

Italian from Italy
    Hi sciarada!

"last surge of diarrhea".

Credo che sia corretto così, ma sò che ci sono altri due o tre sinonimi di "diarrhea".

Bye.
    Benzene

ChickenChicken

Banned
    Italian
    Ciao,

Scusate l'argomento ma ho bisogno di sapere. "Scarica di diarrea" non è lo stesso di "bowel movement" come dice pescara. "bowel movement" è solo un "movimento intestinale". Volevo sapere se "fit, surge, rush, bout of diarrhea" come dice il dizionario di WR sia corretto sia in AE che in BE.

Grazie intanto.

theartichoke

English - Canada
    Hi Chicken,

"Fit" and "rush" sound very strange to me, especially "fit.":D You can talk about a "bout" or even an "episode," but that to me implies the entire process: "He had a bout of diarrhea yesterday" means that he suffered from it, but he may have run to the toilet once or ten times. I'm thinking this isn't the same idea as "scarica," which suggests to me a single "go," if you know what I mean. A "surge" of diarrhea is probably the closest, horrible as it sounds.:eek:

AshleySarah

English - N.Ireland
    In my experience (as a medical secretary/transcriptionist), the most natural expression would be "episode of diarrhoea".

e.g. The last episode of diarrhoea was at 4.00 pm.

N.B. U.S. diarrhea. B.E. diarrhoea

In my experience (as a medical secretary/transcriptionist), the most natural expression would be "episode of diarrhoea".

e.g. The last episode of diarrhoea was at 4.00 pm.

N.B. U.S. diarrhea. B.E. diarrhoea
    At second thought, episodio is also, in Italian, the technical medical term to describe a single hit of a prolonged condition. An episode of hypertension is a single peak of an underlying condition.

theartichoke

English - Canada
    Wouldn't be possible to say a hit of diarrhea for a single scarica? This is what comes natural to me to say, as a non native speaker.
    When I think of a "hit" of something, the association that comes to mind is drug use: e.g. "a hit of cocaine." Since this involves something being taken into the body, rather than being expelled from it, I would not use it for diarrhea! AshleySarah probably knows best on this one: I have no medical background, so was unsure whether "an episode" of diarrhea would be one, er, event, or the entire bout.

When I think of a "hit" of something, the association that comes to mind is drug use: e.g. "a hit of cocaine." Since this involves something being taken into the body, rather than being expelled from it, I would not use it for diarrhea! AshleySarah probably knows best on this one: I have no medical background, so was unsure whether "an episode" of diarrhea would be one, er, event, or the entire bout.
    Thank you Theartichoke, very clear :)

< Previous | Next >